Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cupcakes


Tips for cleaning up cupcake:

1. Don't frost them until you are ready to eat them, leaving frosted cupcakes around is very dangerous.

2. When there is cupcake smeared all over the counter take a breath and wait until it is dry before trying to wipe it up with a paper towel. Moist cupcake just smears.

3. When cupcake crumbs are also all over the kitchen table have your two-year-old help you clean up by wiping all of it onto the chair and then onto the floor, thus covering more area. Make sure he says "Mommy, look I am cleaning."

4. Remember that your 2-year-old will always surprise you by getting to the cupcakes that you think are out of reach.

5. When you walk into your bedroom and find yet another cupcake smashed on the floor turn around, close the door and pretend it isn't there.

6. While coming down stairs to blog about cupcakes you notice more cupcake crumbs in the family room get the vacuum back out and vacuum yet again.

7. Blogging about your experience makes it seem more funny than it was at the time.

3 comments:

Cassia said...

I can definitely relate! I've always heard that it's best to clean up fresh messes (like on clothing, etc), but I'm with you on believing that dried food is much easier to clean off counters, etc, than moist food! :) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Henceforth and forever, amen and amen.

I almost dread making anything nowadays that crumbles easily, because it will invariably end up all over the floor, chairs, kids' clothing, etc.

One might as well give up hope of ever maintaining a clean kitchen 'til the muffins/cookies are gone. You'll never stop vacuuming, sweeping, and wiping. Never.

:)

Anonymous said...

Oh I just loved this! The joys of having a two year old! So fun to see what you guys are up to. Your family is just adorable! Hugs.