Sunday, October 19, 2008
The Dashiel
Dashiel has been fighting me a little bit (ha ha) on taking naps. The other day I told him it was nap time, and he told me it wasn't that it was awake time. I then said, "I'm the Mommy and I say that it is nap time." He immediately responded, "I am THE DASHIEL and I say no." He always has something to say. I think it is genetic. I called out to him the other day and he responded, "Yes dear." What a smarty pants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is classic. :)
It's an interesting experience for me trying to teach Jonathan that it's OK for me to demand he do something "Now!", but not OK for him to say the same thing to me. :)
As to the nap thing--would calling it "quiet time" work? I've been dealing with this with Jonathan and Emma for a while now and I found that telling them it was "quiet time"--when they could play, as long as it was quietly (and on their beds, if I really enforce it)--really helped. Good luck!
your children are awesome and fun from what i see and read and also are real beautiful children.
Post a Comment