Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Random Events


Dashiel and Myles had this "great" idea to put their chairs on the top bunk. They are really starting to play together well, they are getting old enough to play games and pretend for longer stretches of time. Now if I could just get Myles to not bite Dashiel and if Dashiel won't give Myles another y nose I will be very happy.

Dashiel loves preschool and I love sending him. His teachers do an amazing job and I am so impressed with what Dashiel comes home knowing. Next time you see him ask him to tell you the Pledge of Allegiance. Here he is holding his marshmallow man with a "D" on it for Dashiel.

Even though Dashiel is mainly his Dad, especially in his face, he does have some of me in him too. Here Dashiel is helping me unload the dishwasher, notice that he organized the clean dishes on the counter in a way approved of by his OCD Mother. Dashiel even separated the baby spoons from the regular spoons and the baby bowls from the regular bowls. My favorite part is that he matched the kid plates by color and then stacked them. Dashiel really is turning into a good helper. He has a "Happy Helper" chart that we put stickers on so he can earn a car.

Chase is still practically perfect. He sleeps so much and is a great eater. My only valid complaint is that he is an ADD nurser. He gets so distracted while he is eating that I have to go in a separate room, close the door and preferably turn out the light. If I am trying to read a book or play on my phone he pops right off, if I breath too loud or he hears a sound from the other room he pops right off. I think he would drink more if he would just settle down and eat but he doesn't like to miss out on anything that is going on. He has also started screaming, yes screaming. I am not exaggerating, it is not a loud baby sound or a coo or boisterous talking it is SCREAMING. I was worried he wouldn't get enough attention but he won't be ignored.


My amazing husband makes breakfast every Saturday morning. Morgan lets the boys help him and it has become something of a tradition. Here they are getting ready to mix the pancake batter. Morgan is great Dad and the boys truly love him an spending time with him.

No comments: