Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chase's trip to the ER


Chase fell in the bathtub while I was bathing him on a Sunday morning. He split open his eye lid pretty bad. I applied pressure and the bleeding stopped quickly. I called the on call pediatrician to take him in and the nurse told me that they don't do stitches on babies his age in the office but they send them to the ER. I texted Morgan and he came home from his meetings. We dropped Dashiel and Myles off at our amazing neighbors house and drove Chase to Utah Valley Hospital. The pediatric doctor there checked the cut and said it was border line. He told us that if we wanted he could put a stitch in it but they would have to sedate Chase and it wouldn't make any difference in the scarring. He told us that if it was his son he would leave it alone, the cut was staying closed on its own. We were very relieved and took Chase home for a much needed nap. Chase's cut healed so quickly and a week later you could hardly see it at all.

We have now had Chase and Myles at the hospital on a Sunday morning so I am just waiting for Dashiel's turn. I wonder when it will be because it seems inevitable.

No comments: