Thursday, September 9, 2010

living in the living room

Before
After





We have been in our house for over 4 years and I have been wanting new living room furniture. I didn't want to spend a lot of money and the boys still are at the age where they wreck anything nice so I had been wondering what to do. I had been randomly checking furniture stores and KSL for ideas. One day my neighbors were selling a red couch at a yard sale and I jumped on the chance to redo the living room. After putting the old couches on the lawn for someone to have I started looking on KSL for a chair. I found a leather rocker/recliner for a steal and then I picked up some drapes at IKEA. For some added touches I repainted my Great Grandmothers rocking chair, brought up the little table from down stairs, spray painted the lamp stand and picked up a $5 red lamp shade at Ross. Corinne sent me different fabric samples and I loved the floral and stripe best so she sewed me the pillows and tie backs (she did an amazing job). Lastly I printed out the updated family pictures for the frames. I am so happy with the results and at the great deals I was able to find. I didn't spend a lot, I used what I already had, I bought used and now I have a completely different look. I want a big clock for the wall so I still have one more deal to find and then that is it... for the living room. Morgan has been patient and knows that this is only the beginning now that I have gotten started redoing things. I have been going crazy with all the toys we have and I have to admit I have been thinking about paint.

I wanted to put up some before pictures so you could all see the difference but I couldn't find any great ones so you will have to imagine a little bit.

3 comments:

Rachel Quesada said...

The living room looks great! I especially LOVE the floral fabric of the pillow. Really works great in the room.

Corinne said...

Yeah I love it and am so glad it turned out so nice. Now I get to put you in my "design portfolio":)

Vicki said...

Oh yea - this looks GREAT Jennie - such fun - so resourceful! Way to go! Really lifts the spirit for some reason huh?