Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Stubborn Child

Yesterday Dashiel wanted a drink of juice. He wanted a specific color of juice and a specific cup to drink out of. I try not to indulge Dashiel in everything but luckily for him I had green juice already made and I let him stand on the counter to pick his cup. He didn't pick a sippy cup so I told him he had to stay in the kitchen to drink his juice. The little stinker held the cup and put one foot in the kitchen and one foot on the carpet in the living room. I told him that he needed to be all of the way in the kitchen so he slid his foot a little bit so his toes were just on the carpet. It is like he knows exactly what to do to drive me CRAZY! I told him again to stand in the kitchen or I would take his juice away. He looked right at me and said "No, just like this". Morgan was laughing so hard while I was trying to decide what the next move would be. Morgan went to get the camera to capture the moment and I took Dashiel's juice away because he refused to take his little toe off the carpet. Dashiel started crying and laid down on the floor because he didn't want his picture taken. He eventually recovered and drank his juice in the kitchen. I have at least one episode like that every day. He is a very stubborn child, I wonder who he gets it from?

3 comments:

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Hope everything is okay now! i have a 3 1/2 year old nephew like that! but, we love them anyway!

Leah and family said...

Several times a day now, I know exactly how Homer feels as he strangles Bart. And my little "angel" really is angelic for everyone else but me.

Jon and Shiloh said...

That's seriously hilarious!!! Wow, these strong willed children these days. Of course we know why it's good they're like that in these last days, but knowing that still doesn't make mommy's job any more sane. Have you potty-trained Dashiel yet? he he he I hope the other kids are a piece of cake compared to our fun rollarcoaster with Jev. I'll have to tell you about it sometime.