Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dashiel/Dash/Flash






My Dashiel is growing up. His 4T pants are too short and his vocabulary is too big. Dashiel will tell you that you can call him "Dashiel, Dash or Flash". Morgan calls him Flashiel but he doesn't like it very much. Dashiel has been such a good helper around the house and is a good big brother. He is still enjoying preschool and is writing legibly (huge accomplishment). Dashiel loves to make up new words, he is always creating something interesting with his blocks and then naming it. He is a whiz on the computer, he can play lots of games and navigates (Mom approved) sites with ease. Dashiel is constantly saying "I have something I need to tell you" and if you say okay you don't know when he will stop. Dashiel was at the dentist a few weeks ago getting a filling and with the bite block in his mouth he would keep telling the dentist he had something he needed to tell him. It was so funny to watch him try to carry on a conversation with someone who really needed him to be quiet. The dentist kept telling him he had to wait and that he could tell him later. Dashiel loves to play with his friends. He has started thanking Heavenly Father in his prayers for the friends he wants to play with the next day. I told Dashiel to clean up his mess the other day and he looked at me and told me that telling him that had hurt his feelings. I told him that when he messes up my clean house it hurts my feelings so now we were even. Dashiel is always asking questions, making up jokes, asking me to "guess" something, singing and moving. What a great kid!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

I loved reading these wonderful posts. I feel like I miss sooo much and don't really know my nephews. Thanks for this I am bursting with love for these cute little guys!!