Sunday, May 23, 2010

just so I remember

I had a very special experience at the temple last night and I wanted to write a little so I will remember it and the feelings I had.

I think I am pretty typical in my feelings of inadequacy, as a mother and as a person. At times I am filled with so much doubt and I have a tendency to look at the blessings in my life as luck, having nothing to do with me. Last night I received the strongest feeling of love from my Heavenly Father, I was overwhelmed with joy as I thought about his hand in my life. I felt inspired to know that the good things in my life are from him and because of me. In constantly seeing only weakness in myself I was impressed to know that I have played a part in creating the joy in my life. I am so thankful for those feelings to help me not be so hard on myself and to more clearly recognize the blessing from God daily in my life.

2 comments:

Brinestone said...

I'm so glad you finally realize how awesome you are. You are an inspiration to me.

theriddle said...

I also feel inadequate from time to times, as a teacher, as a pianist, as a person. It is important to remember we are children of God. Thanks for sharing.