Sunday, August 8, 2010

koholowo

Girls camp is officially over and I think it went pretty good for my first year as ward camp director. It was Stake camp this year so I only had 3 meals to worry about and a few activities to fill up free time. I was so worried I couldn't sleep the night before but luckily everyone was flexible when things didn't work out. The girls got to see my silly side and I learned some crazy new camp songs. I loved all of the adult conversation with the other leaders and getting to know them better. There were a few high drama moments but that is to be expected with 20 teenage girls. Over all I had fun and was impressed with the young women in my ward. The testimony meeting was so nice and lots of the girls were touched by the spirit. I gained some perspective on my own life and learned a few personal lessons. I missed my boys (mostly Morgan) and I was glad to come home and sleep in my own bed. Thanks to my in-laws and my parents for taking the kiddies. The babysitter asked Dashiel if he missed me while I was gone and he said no because he had a picture of me in his head.

No comments: